Friday, June 18, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to Kev Said What? which will be about the fun I have daily programming in Java / C# / WPF and using various programming tools.

To start things off here is a list of my favorite utilities, this could easily change at any time.

PSPad http://www.pspad.com

I use this all the time for editing all sorts of files and for its grep features.

Eclipse http://www.eclipse.org

This is where the Java programming occurs. What not NetBeans? We are using TFS for version control and it has a plug-in for Eclipse. Plus we are doing an Applet so we are not using any other super special features.

MS Visual Studio 2010

This is for all my C# / WPF work. I was doing C# with WinForms but now we are doing WPF work. Probably will be more post about that right now.

7-Zip 

It is free and works like a champ.

Burn Aware

Nothing fancy but it works and it is free.

Google Chrome / FireFox / Opera

I use them all. Right now I use Chrome at work and Opera at home as I have FireFox set up for the family and they keep changing my tabs. 

Paint.NET / Photoshop Elements

Love Paint.NET as it is free so I install it on every computer for quick photo editing. I use Photoshop Elements when I am doing more detailed work with a lot of layers. I am not a super star with either but can get my way around in them and have combined 4 photos into one for some really cool Christmas cards. This is an area I want to learn more about.

Along with programming I also enjoy cooking. I grill at least 3 times a week year round. I have been out grilling in 15 degree weather many a time. Makes it harder to judge your on grill time but it always tastes great.

No comments:

Post a Comment