I have some strings that are hard coded in my XML files. They say things like "date placeholder" and the like. I have them to help me visualize things when I am using the preview window. Actual values will be filled in at run-time. There are also a lot of "Missing contentDescription attribute on image". I might just shut this one off. This program is used by doctors. Being visually disabled pretty much means they can't do their job. I don't need to support that functionality in this project.
I was able to cleanup some "useless layout" issues. I converted single row table layouts to liner layouts. I was setting the background color and cache color hint in a lot of my XML files. It recommended using a theme instead as everything was getting painted twice - once with the them background color and then with my override color. I set up an application level theme in the manifest to solve that problem. It also forced me to define the background color in the style.xml file so I did a quick search across all XML files and updated them to use the define. I can now change the color in one place and have the entire app use it. I should have done it this way from the start but somehow cut and paste seems more fun than doing it right when you are in a hurry. We are hitting final QA cycle and I want things to be as clean as possible meaning this was a good time to fix past oversights.
I still have a couple of "children can be replaced by one
It is highly recommended that you grab the latest ADT and see what warnings it has in store for you. Between the new Lint and the utility I wrote to scan my project for orphan resources I am feeling pretty darn good about the next release. QA has not found any issues in a few days so it looks like we will ship in the next few business days and allow our clients to enjoy all the new functionality.