I figured this can't be too hard. I found a tool for creating animated GIF images called PhotoScape. It showed the 13 individual images as a time line. I was able to right click on each image an save it to the clipboard. Since I am not familiar with PhotoScape and I did not quickly discover how to edit the images there I used Paint.NET. I copied the 2 from 2010 and put it were the final 0 was for a 2012 copyright. It is a gradient background meaning I had to take some care to make sure it looked good. I updated all 13 images, added them back into the PhotoScape and saved the new animation. Looked great until I looked at the file size. It had gone from 54k to 604k which is simply not acceptable.
Must be a way to optimize a GIF so that frames are deltas instead of the whole image. Hitting up Google for answers showed that to be the case but of course finding a tool to do it was not easy. After trying a number of them out with various forms of failure I saw a post about GIMP supporting what I want. I had version 2.7 which did not appear to have the GIF optimization menu items so I grabbed 2.8. It had what I needed and a quick export to GIF with the proper delay between images had me back down to a 54k file.
I probably could have used GIMP for the entire process and saved a lot of time. I don't have a license for PhotoShop at work but I could have taken it home and done the processing there. Just seemed like a good thing to polish off on a Friday afternoon and once you get started with the investigation process you might as well finish it up.
Lessons learned, new tools learned, mission accomplished. Not a bad way to end the week.